Chivas midfielder Fernando Beltran firmly believes that Wednesday’s quarter-finals against Club America in the Clasico Nacional of Liga MX will be the biggest game of his career and is confident that Guadalajara can achieve a positive result.
The biggest rivals of the Mexican top flight lock the horns at the Estadio Akron de Chivas, with the hosts being the favorites in the series for the first time since Clausura 2017 and Club America in the postseason.
But for Beltran the games are a chance to show that Chivas is once again a competitor after missing the playoffs for the past five seasons.
« It’s the most important game of my career and I will do everything I can to leave everything out and defend the shirt the way you should, » Beltran said in a video conference. « It’s time to show what Chivas is made of and where the club needs to be. It’s a good opportunity for us to make a difference, despite everything we’ve been through this season. «
• The Argentine legend Maradona dies at the age of 60
• Pope mourns Maradona
• Foden stars as City wins in UCL
• Liverpool stunned by Atalanta in UCL
• Sancho admits a “tough” saying after the United saga
• Sources: Arsenal offered Eriksen a deal
• Ibra hits FIFA 21 for the game’s image usage
Club America manager Miguel Herrera’s record against Chivas with Las Aguilas is positive. He won five and lost only once, although Beltran believes Chivas has Victor Manuel Vucetich – nicknamed « King Midas » – a plus.
« They are different games. You need talent, heart and focus, « said Beltran. « We know that we can score or concede a goal in a game.
« It’s what we’ve talked about a lot, what coach Vucetich stressed us most about and we trust him a lot because of his career and because he won everything. «
« Piojo » Herrera previously ripped Chivas for not being regulars in the postseason, and Beltran believes those words might come back to bite him.
« Piojo always said he never saw us here [in the postseason]. Well, now we’re here and we’ll see what happens on Wednesday and Saturday, « he said.
American striker Giovani dos Santos is expected to start for Las Aguilas. And while he admitted the game is special, the Mexico City team is focused on getting past Chivas and winning the title.
« In America we know what it means to play a Clasico. It has a special taste. But winning a Clasico in the playoffs doesn’t guarantee a championship, « the former Barcelona player said in a video conference. « In America we know the importance of winning titles and that is our attitude to take the first step now in Guadalajara, to return to Azteca to win the quarter and then think about the games to come. «
Chivas has to do without the striker duo Alexis Vega and Jose Juan Macias, while at Club America neither Nico Castillo nor Bruno Valdez are on the list of long-term injuries.
The country’s two most successful teams are represented in Mexico’s Clasico Nacional: America in 13 leagues and Chivas in Mexico.
C. . D.. . Guadalajara, Club América, Liga MX, Miguel Herrera, El Súper Clásico
World news – USA – Playoff Clasico the greatest of my life – Chivas’ Beltran
. . Related title :
– Club America-Chivas playoff fight & # 39; most important game of my career& # 39; – Beltran
– Guadalajara vs.. . America: Liga MX Live Stream, TV Channel, How to Play Chivas vs.. . Aguilas online
– Guadalajara v Club America live stream: How to watch Liga MX online
– & # 39; Super Clásico& # 39; overshadows León&’s title hunt
– NFL: The Series from & # 39; Piojo& # 39; Herrera in the quarterfinals that would give America a pass against Chivas
– Chivas sees vs América: Liguilla LIVE Stream Online TV Updates and How to Watch Playoffs Liga MX 2020
– Liga MX, .
Donnez votre avis et abonnez-vous pour plus d’infos
Vidéo du jour: