Federal investigators are investigating a potential « bribe » program involving pardons for the President Chief Justice of the Federal Court in Washington D.. . C.. . .
The heavily edited documents released on Tuesday do not name either the people involved or President Donald Trump. They also do not state whether White House officials were aware of the system.
The documents discuss whether prosecutors can review documents that may be protected by attorney and client law and that may have been confiscated under a search warrant.
The opinion of Judge Beryl A. . Howell on Aug. . 28, is tied to an ongoing investigation that may involve at least two people who « have been lobbying high-ranking White House officials without fulfilling the registration requirements of the Lobbying Disclosure Act . . . to obtain a pardon or suspension of sentence for a person. « Person whose name is being edited.
The investigation also includes an alleged offer by another person to « make a substantial political contribution in exchange for a presidential pardon or suspension sentence. ”
The judge said the communications could be reviewed by investigators because the emails contained someone who is not a lawyer.
« This political strategy to obtain a presidential pardon was » parallel « to » one person advocating for another person « and was different from that, » said the verdict, editing both names.
Tom Winter is a New York-based correspondent who covers crime, courts, terrorism and financial fraud in the East Coast for the NBC News Investigative Unit.
United States Department of Justice, Donald Trump, White House, Beryl A. . Howell, pardon
World News – US – DOJ investigates potential White House « bribe » program
. . Related title :
– DOJ investigates potential White House & # 39; Bribery for Pardon& # 39; Scheme
– Department of Justice is investigating potential bribery scheme to obtain pardon
– Justice Department. Investigation of the pardon scheme for pardoning the president
– US investigation of possible bribery, lobbying scheme for pardon
– Justice Department investigates & # 39; Bribes& # 39;
– DOJ investigates potential bribery program with pardon of the president
– Senior White House officials were in & # 39; Bribes, & # 39; Revealed Order Revealed
– Department of Justice investigated & # 39; Bribe& # 39; As Trump Campaigned, The Court Reveals
– Department of Justice Investigates Potential Presidential Pardon Bribe, Court Records Reveal
– Possible & # 39; Bribery for Pardon& # 39; Scheme examined by the Ministry of Justice
Donnez votre avis et abonnez-vous pour plus d’infos
Vidéo du jour: