After a historic 51-point win over the Los Angeles Clippers on Sunday, the Dallas Mavericks couldn’t repeat shooting or defense to score their first home game. A third quarter with 30 points brought the Charlotte Hornets to a 19-point win in Dallas.
Lamelo Ball led Charlotte with 22 points, 9 rebounds and 5 assists. Tim Hardaway Jr. . led Dallas with 18 points to 7 for 10 shooting. Luka Doncic had his worst game so far of the 2021 season and only scored 12 points. The Mavericks lost 118-99 and it wasn’t fun.
Charlotte rattled off 16 points in a row to open the second half and they never looked back. They ultimately scored 30 in that period, while the Mavericks only managed 12. Even the Clippers scored more points on Sunday than they did in the first two quarters against the Mavs, scoring 13 and respectively. 14 points. Dallas threw 24 shots at the edge in the third section and saw only 4 hits. That’s 17% from the field, which the last time I checked was not very good. It’s especially not good if the hornets shoot 11 for 20 off the field and 5 for 10 out of three in the same quarter. This was the only quarter this season that Dallas has scored less than 20 points.
This percentage is somewhat deceptive, as all players who are not called Maxi Kleber together shoot 8 for 37 from a distance. Maxi’s 4 threes in 5 tries, all in the opening frame, increased the Mavericks’ three point percentage to 21. 6% to 28. 6%. You say your team is doing like your best player and Luka Doncic isn’t an outlier for Dallas’ bad shooting. In fact, it can be the main culprit. Doncic is now 2 out of 21 from Beyond the Arc of the Year and shoots the three on a pathetic 9. 5% clip. The jump shot that he so relentlessly claimed to have worked on in the brief off-season was absent in 4 games that year.
In the midst of Dallas’ disappointing third loss, I managed to come up with a statistic that is a bit encouraging. After the Mavericks had only managed to achieve nine offensive rebounds in the first two games, they have secured double-digit boards at the end of the offensive in the last two competitions. 13, a season high, was the number tonight and it was one of the few bright spots from an otherwise bleak Wednesday night. They gave themselves a lot of second chances, they just couldn’t convert. If you shoot 39;. 1% off the ground, it may not matter how many extra possessions you get.
Dallas Mavericks, Charlotte Hornets, Luka Dončić, NBA, LaMelo Ball, Kristaps Porziņģis
World News – USA – Statistics Rundown: 3 numbers from the Dallas Mavericks 118-99 loss to Charlotte Hornets
. . Related title :
– Statistics Rundown: 3 numbers from the Dallas Mavericks’ defeat 118-99 to the Charlotte Hornets
– ball, hornets dominate Mavs& # 39; Home win in 118-99 victory
– 3 takeaways after the Charlotte Hornets ran the Dallas Mavericks off the ground, 118-99
– Photos: Benches vacant in a scuffle in the fourth quarter of Mavericks& # 39; Home opener
– >> Hornets close 2020 with a dominant street win in Dallas
– LaMelo Ball writes with 20-point performance vs.. . Mavericks
– Observe: LaMelo Ball drops career-high 22 points to Leading Hornets to victory
– LaMelo Ball breaks out as hornets destroy Mavericks in Dallas
– Charlotte Hornets blow out Dallas Mavericks; Ball, Bridges lead big night for bank
– NBA: LaMelo Ball helps drive hornets past Mavs drift
Donnez votre avis et abonnez-vous pour plus d’infos
Vidéo du jour: