Gallagher is out of contract this summer and Aberdeen have also reportedly taken a sharp approach with Hearts and Dundee United.
The Scotland center-back is out of contract this summer and is likely to leave Fir Park. Several clubs are closely monitoring the situation.
The Daily Record reports that Aberdeen took an approach before Derek McInnes left the club and that Hearts and Dundee United are also interested in signing Gallagher, who is also interesting for Cardiff City.
Robbie Neilson is looking for a center-back as Christophe Berra closed a deal this summer and John Souttar is unlikely to be fully fit until the beginning of next season. Former Kilmarnock man and Gallagher’s international teammate Stuart Findlay was a target but chose to join the Philadelphia Union in the MLS rather than signing a pre-contractual agreement with Tynecastle.
It is understood that Hearts is looking for a more physical type to mate with Souttar, who, in contrast, likes to step on the ball and launch attacks from behind.
Craig Halkett has played that role alongside the occasionally unconvincing Mihai Popescu this season, and the search is on for reinforcements for the inevitable return to the top flight.
To play regularly but stay in Scotland, could please Gallagher as it would not affect his prospects for Scotland.
He was a regular for Steve Clarke last year and helped secure historic Euro 2020 qualification. It is almost certain that he will be included in the squad for the final.
However, at 30 this year could be his last chance for a big money move to England.
If you sign up for the Edinburgh Live Hearts -Subscribe to the newsletter and get the latest Hearts news straight to your inbox.
Related title :
– Declan Gallagher & # 39; targeted & # 39; Hearts as a transfer hunt for Motherwell man on the move
– Celtic& # 39; s David Turnbull opens up about omission in Scotland
– Scotland chance will come again for Liam Kelly, says Motherwell boss
– David Turnbull outlined Celtic& # 39; s & # 39; ideal& # 39; End of season when he opens up to the Scottish nudge
– David Turnbull takes advantage of Scottish disappointment as motivation for future assignments
– Motivated Celtic midfielder David Turnbull talks about Scotland nudges, clinical
– Scottish gossip: Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen, Hibs, Motherwell, Hearts, Gallagher, Hendry, Shved
– Celtic midfielder speaks of National team rejection; becomes & # 39; keep working harder& # 39;
– Graham Alexander, Manager of Motherwell, says it’s only a matter of time before Liam Kelly breaks into the Scottish squad
Donnez votre avis et abonnez-vous pour plus d’infos
Vidéo du jour: