Leicester City sustained serious injury ahead of the FA Cup quarter-finals against Manchester United. Ricardo Pereira has to miss that.
Foxend manager Brendan Rodgers confirmed the news before the game, saying the Portugal international had suffered « slight strain » on his Achilles tendon.
It was originally believed his problem Wasn’t too serious as he was only withdrawn as a precautionary measure at half time in the 5-0 Premier League win over Sheffield United in Leicester.
However, it guarantees he’ll be confined to the sideline this weekend, which is a Big blow to Rodgers and the Foxes’ chances are to overcome the Red Devils.
It’s the latest of a handful of problems for Pereira during the 2020-21 campaign. After coming into the season with a cruciate ligament injury, he suffered another problem upon his return. This has resulted in the defender missing up to 25 games in all competitions this season due to injury.
This latest setback also exacerbates the problem for Leicester this season. Co-defender James Justin is out with a long-term cross injury, while Timothy Castagne has also suffered from his own problems this season.
With Pereira at their side, Leicester looks far more even. Rodgers’ forces lost only twice in ten Premier League games when Pereira showed up.
This is just the tip of a very formidable iceberg for Pereira, described by his manager as « outstanding » after the Portugal international earned Leicester’s Player of the Year award for his performance throughout the 2018/19 season.
It’s hard to argue with that assessment as the £ 27million full-back played 83 games for the club , scored six goals and provided ten assists.
However, Leicester will now have to do without him against Manchester United, making the task even more difficult.
AND check out more news like a failed transfer – A dive for a current Leicester starlet can be beneficial …
Related title :
– <a href = "/? s = Leicester suffers a blow against the outstanding colossus valued at £ 27m Leicester suffers a blow to the "outstanding" colossus with a value of 27 million pounds, Rodgers is certainly disappointed – opinion
– Video: Youri Tielemans scores a good goal against Man United to keep Leicester on course for the FA Cup semi-finals to bring
– Danny Murphy makes Spurs job claim amid Brendan Rodgers reports
– DANNY MURPHY: Brendan Rodgers deserves great credit for his work in Leicester – there is no & # 39; t many …
– DANNY MURPHY: Rodgers won’t swap Leicester for Tottenham anytime soon
– Tielemans offers Leicester Future hint as a new contract for midfielders is discussed
– & # 39; A big change in mindset & # 39; as Brendan Rodgers says Leicester wants to break into the elite
– Brendan Rodgers says Leicester is working hard to fill the gap
– 2016& # 39; s & # 39; Ones To Watch& # 39; list had some very interesting names
– Everything Brendan Rodgers told Gary Lineker about transfers in Leicester City, Jamie Vardy and FA Cup
Donnez votre avis et abonnez-vous pour plus d’infos
Vidéo du jour: