At least two people were injured in an explosion at a West Virginia chemical plant that prompted authorities to order residents within three years. 2 kilometers (two miles) of the facility to stay indoors.
Officials reported that the chemicals involved in the explosion contained dry chlorinated bleach and methanol. People who lived in the area reported that their homes were shaking at the time of the explosion.
The explosion occurred at 10:02 p.m. (Wednesday, 3:02 GMT) at the Chemours facility in the Kanawha County community of Belle, the county commission said in a statement.
Local media reported that one injured person was rushed to the hospital in an ambulance while the second person, hit by rubble, was driving himself.
WATCH: Aerial photographs show a fire at the Chemours plant in Belle after an explosion. Officials say the situation has stabilized since the video was recorded.
« We had at least one very major explosion and working fire at the facility, » Kent Carper, Kanawha County agent, told WCHS-TV.
« We believe it [the explosion] was likely caused by a barge in the river basin of the facility, » Carper told local media.
The on-site placement order was lifted later on Tuesday, the Kanawha County Commission said in a statement, adding, « Rescue workers have assessed the scene and determined that the all-clear can be given. « .
West Virginia, chemical plant, explosion, Chemours Belle Plant
World news – USA – USA: Two injured in explosion at chemical plant in West Virginia
. . Related title :
– fire, explosion in West Virginia chemical plant immediate alert to neighbors
– Chemical plant explosion leaves four injured, officials say that chlorinated bleach is involved
– UPDATE | Shelter-in-place lifted after chemical plant explosion in Kanawha County; at least 4 injured
– > USA: Two injured in explosion in chemical plant in West Virginia
– Officials Lift Shelter-In-Place Order after Chemical Plant Explosion in West Virginia
– br> – Two people were injured after an explosion at a chemical plant in West Virginia
– Explosion in West Virginia: Residents should protect US chemical plant as explosive rock
– Drone footage shows a massive explosion at a chemical plant in West Virginia after chlorinated dry bleach and methanol exploded . . .
– Reports: 4 injured in explosion, fire in chemical plant in West Virginia
Donnez votre avis et abonnez-vous pour plus d’infos
Vidéo du jour: